Vessel Planner Job Description
To contribute to the development of Oman Shipping Company’s (OSC) OMAN CONTAINER LINE, to produce safe and effective stowage plans in a timely efficient manner and, also to provide associated reports.
• Ensure optimal utilisation of safe and efficiently stowed vessels within scope while allowing high-productivity cargo-operations in the terminals.
• Responsible for bunker consumption reduction through optimal trim planning at minimal ballast intake.
• Responsible for reporting of vessel performance and taking necessary corrective action if required.
• Responsible for accurate and timely scheduling of the vessel/s under the control of OCL
• Responsible for safe and efficient cargo stowage, including best utilisation, of vessels under responsibility, taking into account applicable international laws and regulations as well as in-house rules.
• (This Will require Weekend / Public holidays and Evening working.
• Report Generation
• Design & generate any departmental reports as per management request, timely and accurately to meet company and department requirements.
• Container planning experience and Dangerous Goods certified.
• 2nd Officer preferably with Chief Officer license.
• 3-5 years in preferably in a similar position within the shipping industry
Job Specific Skills:
• The use of either a TOS system or similar vessel planning software i.e powerstow / navis.
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
· Vessel Planner - reports to Sr Liner Manager and confers with the latter on critical and strategic issues.
· Key operational decisions having significant impact on the Vessel Planner are referred to the Sr. Liner Manager for approval before implementation.
· The jobholder exercises financial authority as per the level established by the OSC management.
· The ‘Planner’ can make on the spot operational decisions to maintain vessel/terminal performance that does not affect overall p&l and performance of the service.
• Achievement Orientation
• Impact & Influence
• Information Seeking
• Teamwork and Cooperation
|Minimum Qualification :
You should have Experience of Minimum 3 years to apply for this Job