1. Job Deatail:
Job Title: Procurement Dry Docks Manager (New Build)
Reports to: Procurement and Materials Management
Unit: Contract and Procurement
2. Job Purpose:
To develop, manage, and expedite the flow of work and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other
supplies within the Dry Docks business as well as review related reports on progress of work & inventory
levels and at minimum cost while complying with procurement policies and procedures. He\she will be
responsible for the Dry Docks procurement, acquisition and distribution of the equipment and related
services, by maintaining the supply of inventories in a cost effective and timely manner. This role will serve
as a resource to management in matters related to purchasing procedures, expense reduction initiatives,
value analysis and contract negotiations.
3. Key Accountabilities:
Divisional Strategy Development and Implementation
- Develop and direct the implementation of the divisional strategy ensuring alignment to the
unit strategy, Dry Docks vision, mission, and corporate objectives.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel
to Dry Docks leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of Dry Docks strategy
and divisional strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of divisional objectives through effective leadership and by
setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating team to maximise performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned division, collaborating with discipline
experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Manage the procurement activities and review and final approvals of all orders that are to be issued,
- Ensure that all procurement activities are implemented as in with Dry Docks governance policies,
- Oversee the training and support requirements of the procurement team to enable then to effectively execute their tasks,
- Coordinate with external parties like agencies, port authorities and customs to ensure a smooth supply of operation,
Request for Quotations (RFQ)
- Ensure that procurement orders are processed in-line with the Corporate Governance policies and procedures,
- Oversee the bids/proposal with the user department. Oversee the finalisation of the award
recommendation having validated both the technical and commercial evaluations before it is
presented to the concerned authority,
- Present the commercial evaluation when required by the concerned authority,
- Oversee and review the bidder list to ensure fairness and transparency,
- Responsible for the document management of all departmental outputs in line with all audit
and records control requirements.
- Support other departmental managers to prepare estimates for their requirements,
- Verify budget availability for each raised requisition,
- Provide the information needed to generate departmental reports,
- Review of the departmental reports to eliminate inconsistencies and inaccuracies,
- Coordinate with the external auditors for any enquiries or audit trail.
4. Budgets and Plans
- Support the Dry Docks C&P department annual planning cycle, budget cycles and enterprise risk assessments.
- Review the Dry Docks C&P Strategic expenditure to ensure minimal cost and propose recommendation for cost optimization.
- Support other departmental managers to prepare the estimate for their requirements.
- Monitor other departments’ purchasing budget and support them manage their cost.
5. Communications & Working Relationships
- The Procurement and Materials Management Dry Docks reports to the Procurement and
Materials Lead and confers with the latter on critical and strategic issues,
- The jobholder is expected to suggest improvement plans for Procurement Department
operations and ensure their implementation,
- Key decisions having significant impact on the Procurement and Materials Management – Dry
Docks Department are referred to the Procurement and Materials Management Lead.
- Ensure that all departmental reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Dry Docks
Procurement and Materials Management requirements, policies, and standards.
- Provide regular and exceptional reporting to executive management, Board of Directors about all
strategic sourcing, performance management and integration activities.
7. Qualification & Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain, or Business Equivalent. (Preferred Masters).
- CIPs (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified preferred.
- Minimum of 8- 10 years of experience in procurement, tendering, contracting and contracts
administration and material handling mainly in shipping, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, ports, marine
and Logistics industry out of which at least 2-3 years at assistance / supervisory managerial level
Job Specific Skills
- Communication Skills,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Computer Skills,
- Leader Skills,
- Organisational Skills,
- Priority Setting,
- Negotiation Skills
- Organisational Awareness,
- Organisational Commitment,
- Information Seeking,
- Impact & Influence,
- Achievement Orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage with people both inside and outside the company,
- Self-motivated, good team spirit and flexibility,
- Assertiveness with a pro-active and can-do approach to work,
- Ability to create his/her own network within the organisation and to manage by consensus,
- Good organisational and planning skills.
|Minimum Qualification :
You should have Experience of Minimum 8 years to apply for this Job