· To assist the Engineering Manager, oversee preventive and corrective maintenance plans for all vehicles of SINYAR. To ensure prompt response to various issues/breakdown and repair vehicles to ensure uninterrupted smooth operations.
· To assist the process of acquisition of buses, in coordination with other departments, based on the overall business plan and forecasting. To act as the technical expert to define vehicle requirements & specifications and to coordinate with external parties for the same.
· To assist developing the overall maintenance strategy at SINYAR and recommend resource (equipment, manpower etc.) requirement, outsourcing/contracting policies etc. To assist managing the financial aspect of the Engineering Department, including the preparation of annual departmental budget, budget allocation, review and approvals.
· To assist establishing service performance levels for the maintenance of vehicles and to continuously monitor adherence to the same. To evaluate and take corrective actions so as to maintain high vehicle availability and internal customer satisfaction.
· To assist coordinating with Procurement Department in selection of vendors and for equipment and spares through vendor development initiatives. To take part in Technical evaluations.
· To assist formulating engineering policies and procedures or to make changes to existing policies or procedures in order to improve the effectiveness of the Maintenance Function of SINYAR. To ensure preparation & processing of documents as per policy.
· To assist and coordinate with the Operations Department to ensure availability of the buses as per their requirement.
· To assist managing the external vendors so as to ensure the timely and adequate maintenance of buses that are maintained by external vendors. To monitor the service provided on parameters of time, cost, and quality and to advise the Engineering Manager on actions required to be taken.
· To assist analyzing the maintenance records and data and implement continuous improvement programs to increase effectiveness of the maintenance operation and ensure high availability of buses.
· To assist in contributing to capability building in SINYAR by recruiting staff, communicating job expectations, training & mentoring employees and drive high levels of employee engagement and staff motivation to achieve departmental objectives.
· To assist ensuring (in coordination with QHSE Department) safety and security of passengers, employees and equipment. To support the implementation of programs to assure safety and emergency preparedness. To promote a safe work environment while complying with all of SINYAR’s safety rules, Safety Management System (SMS), policies, and procedure.
· To stay abreast of current and emerging technical and regulatory/legal aspects affecting engineering and public transportation; to make the necessary changes in policies and procedures and educate staff accordingly.
· To assist in the IT and technology enablement of various processes in the Engineering function so as to increase efficiency and streamline processes.
· Any other assigned duties from time to time.
Experience and Educational Requirements
· 5 year automotive apprenticeship with full level 3.
· 5 years workshop experience working as a technician on heavy vehicles repairing.
· 5 years supervisory or management experience in a heavy vehicle repair workshop
· Experience in planning delivering and monitoring preventative maintenance programs together with connective maintenance planning and delivery.
· Bachelors in Mechanical/Electrical automotive engineering.
· 10 years supervisory and management experience in a VDL, man and Mercedes public service vehicle workshop (bus and coach) with responsibility for planning, delivery and monitoring of preventative or corrective maintenance programs, together with accident repair experience.